Looking for a guest farm? Looking for a working farm? Your opportunity to have both.
PORT ALFRED / KENTON-ON-SEA
Grasslands farm is over 81 ha of land suitable for small scale stock farming,vegetable and flower cultivation, breeding of horses, pigs, poultry, fodder production or simply enjoying a life in the countryside.
Buildings and improvements:
932 sqm made up as follows:
• Modern 200 sqm north facing home
under tiles with 3 carpeted bedrooms,
2 bathrooms, a study, sunken lounge
and dining room.
• Modern fibreglass swimming pool with
patio leading on to large garden with
rolling lawns and sea view – a real bird
and nature lovers paradise.
• A large (56 sqm) double garage including
an outside bedroom.
• Paved courtyards, 24 000 litre
underground rainwater reservoir, excellent
television and cell phone reception.
• 230 sqm pack shed or store with ablution
• Six staff houses (1 X 67 sqm, 5 X 69 sqm)
with electricity and indoor sanitation,
situated in park like surroundings with
beautiful sea views
• 34 sqm ablution block (8 toilets
Situated in the middle of a proclaimed 1850 ha provincial Heritage site.It lies approximately 276m above sea level and, as the crow flies, only 10km from the sea.
Early 1820 Settler buildings abound. The Southwell Country Club, where cricket, tennis and socializing are the main activities, is only 3km away.
The original farm, of which, Grasslands is a subdivided portion, has been owned by the same extended family since the original purchase in 1835.
The main water supply on Grasslands farm is pumped from boreholes,which tap into the source of the Kasouga River, originally known as Twee Fontein in the pre-settler trek Boer period. This water was used to irrigate orange orchids on the home farm from as early as 1800 to the 1940’s and subsequently, vegetables and flowers for the past 30
years. This abundant source of water makes it an ideal location to farm thirsty crops.
• Registered earthen irrigation dam with pump, electric motor
and irrigation system
• Three fully equipped boreholes used for domestic and
• Stock watering borehole (not equipped) and three reservoirs
ALL FACILITIES ARE REGISTERED WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER AFFAIRS.
CERTIFICATES AND WATER LICENSE QUANTITIES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
Presently only about 10 ha is being used to grow vegetables under
supplementary irrigation. The balance comprises old lands and
SALES FIGURES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
GPS co-ordinates to be recorded.
• 20 mins (18km) from Kasouga Holiday
Resort – unspoilt beach/blind river (read
Twee Fontein, origin Grasslands Farm)
• 20 mins (19km) from Port Alfred
• 25 mins (22km) from Kenton-on-Sea
• 35 mins (36km) from Grahamstown
Schools & University
• 1hr 45 mins (160km) from both Port
Elizabeth and East London